Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vrooom, vrooom!


Hey y'all,

I'd like you to meet my sweetie-pie brother-in-law, D. E., who lives in an undisclosed town in Western Montana with my sister, Lorie. D. E. drives an 18-wheeler for a living and, like me, detests the sound of a vacuum cleaner. He is also one of the West's best storytellers. Well, as some of you may recall from a blog I wrote a ways back, I've chosen a Mini-Cooper as a symbol for taking control of my life in my current challenge. I once test drove one, and let me tell you, it gripped the road and laid rubber. Last night, in fact, I sent a red Mini through the marrow of every bone in my body to stir up the red blood cells which have been flagging lately. Daughter Valarie thought the visualization might be helpful. Maybe she's having second thoughts about her offer to donate me blood for a transfusion..........

At any rate, back to D. E. He was DISgusted that I would choose such an insignificant car for such an important job as transporting me through the big C. When pressed, he confessed he had never driven one. Furthermore, he said if he ever did, he'd have to wear a paper bag over his head to avoid being seen by fellow truckers, friends, family members. At which point I CHALLENGED him to test drive one.

So, here we have "evidence" of his test drive in his neighbor's Mini. When questioned how he liked the sporty little car, D. E., ever the honest man, admitted he hadn't actually taken the car out of his neighbor's garage! Now, how sporting is that?! When asked why not, he said there was snow in the driveway. Now we've heard everything. Still, I think the masked challenger makes a great pinup on my refrigerator--what do you think?

One thing has me worried--when he signed the picture he wrote Game's On, Sister across it. Do you suppose that means he's challenging me to take an 18-wheeler out for a spin?

Vrooom, vrooom,

Diane

3 comments:

TJ said...

Take him on Aunt Di, I am betting you could drive a big rig too. Once you drive something that far off the ground you might feel like a bug driving in the mini again. :)

Sally said...

I'll second that. I can see you sitting behind the wheel of a big rig. Smokey and the Bandit, Part Whatever...

Deb Lund said...

This is scary -- or rather, Scarry, as in Richard. Bugs, vrooms, Cars and Trucks and Things That Go! Up the ante -- have him take your pen for a test drive!